Garda IP Course Content
Garda IP allows you to take benefit from the years of knowledge, expertise and understanding offered by a former high-ranking officer who understands what An Garda Síochana seek in a candidate.
With a success rate of over 97% Garda IP will help you to maximise your chances and allow you to present yourself in the best light from initial application to panel interview.
Garda IP offers a tailored service for the following:
- Assistance with initial application to make the best impression at Stage 1
- Advice on all stages of Garda Selection process
- One-to-one tuition sessions to prepare for Stage 3 interview
Garda IP offers the service to the following potential candidates:
- People who wish be considered as candidates to join An Garda Síochana
- People who wish to join the Garda reserves
- Current Garda reserve members who wish to join the full-time Garda force
- Currently serving members of An Garda Síochana who wish to pursue promotion or internal posts within the force
The Garda IP Course content will cover the following:
- Step-by-step guidance and direction for completing the Application Form including suggested examples for each competency – note: examples will also be relevant for those candidates’ that have already submitted the form.
- Suggested examples for completing the Application Form – note: examples will also be relevant for those candidates’ that have already submitted the form.
- Professional advice for preparing for the interview i.e. best interview techniques and direction on what the interview board wants from each candidate and how they will assess you.
- Practical advice for perfecting your performance on the day. How to structure your responses to the questions. Insider tips on how stronger scoring candidates answer the questions.
- Mock Interview – candidates are invited to participate in a simulated interview with the course director. Probing questions and how to respond to them. Mock interviews are then critiqued and analysed with feedback from the course director.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Model Answers for each candidate. Competencies and skill areas are probed, analysed and discussed in depth.