Stage 3 Competency Interview
Undoubtedly the best in the market, GardaIP offers a dedicated one-to-one session on preparing for the Stage 3 Competency Interview.
Choose a Face-to-Face session or a Video Conference via Zoom or Skype.
Remember, you will be interviewed by the Garda Selection Board as an individual, not as a group.
Our one-to-one (Online or Face-to Face) session covers the following:
- Professional advice for preparing for the interview i.e. best interview techniques and direction on what the interview board wants from each candidate and how they will assess you.
- Practical advice for perfecting your performance on the day. How to structure your responses to the questions. Insider tips on how stronger scoring candidates answer the questions.
- We will assist you in coming up with relevant examples for each competency and how to give structured, succinct, informative evidence on how your examples relate to the core competencies in each case.
- We will also help you narrow down the best examples, and help you in lining up some back-up examples fully prepared if you need them during the interview, you are never caught off-guard and can remain confident and calm under pressure.
- Mock Interview – candidates are invited to participate in a simulated interview with the course director. Probing questions and how to respond to them. Mock interviews are then critiqued and analysed with feedback from the course director.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Model Answers for each candidate. Competencies and skill areas are probed, analysed and discussed in depth.
- 20 minute refresher phone call prior to your interview.